Warehouse—Carefully and efficiently handling and moving furniture is an essential part of our business. While jobs in our Taunton Distribution Center and store warehouses are physically demanding, Jordan’s Furniture is committed to making our warehouse a great place to work. We have a great team and supportive managers, our warehouses are safe and clean, and our state-of-the-art warehouse management software (WMS) ensures greater efficiency for our active, fast-paced operation.
Our warehouse employees are also very involved in our Lean Thinking Initiative, a program to identify ways to make our processes more efficient without sacrificing our level of customer service. Who better to give feedback about their department then the employees doing the work! There are several areas of opportunity within our warehouse, including:
Taunton Distribution Center—
• Merchandise Handlers – Handlers unload vendor merchandise from trucks and place it in the warehouse racks.
• Merchandise Pickers – Pickers work the overnight shift picking merchandise from the racks for customer delivery.
• Quality Control Inspectors/ General Laborers – Laborers and Inspectors assemble the furniture and ensure that the quality of the merchandise being delivered meets Jordan’s standards.
• Furniture Repair Technicians – Jordan’s employs furniture repair technicians to go into customers’ homes to repair furniture and to work on furniture in the warehouse. Since furniture repair is a trade not offered in any technical school, we have developed our own thorough and rigorous training program which creates an additional career track for our warehouse employees. Warehouse employees and candidates selected to participate in our furniture repair training program start as apprentices and may progress to Journeyman, and Advanced Journeyman as their skill level increases.
Store Warehouse Locations—
• Showroom Warehouse Assistants – Showroom Warehouse Assistants interact directly with our customers by preparing the merchandise for customers picking up their purchases including loading and securing the merchandise to customers’ vehicles. Showroom Warehouse employees also assist with maintenance of the showroom and the setup of new merchandise to the showroom floor.
Please note that candidates for positions at our distribution center and all warehouses must pass pre-employment tests including a background check, a physical, a drug screen and a strength test.
Ready to join the J-Team in Avon, Natick, Nashua, New Haven, Reading, Warwick or Taunton?
"Jordan’s is a great place to work and is full of opportunities"
Will, QC Inspector